We are pleased to see the return of a well populated event schedule by the IKA
With travel restrictions easing and mass vaccination progressing quickly, the first international kiteboarding events will commence as planned from July onwards.
The Notices of Race for the first Act of the KiteFoil World Series and the Formula Kite U19 & A’s Youth Foil World Championships, both staged at famous Hang Loose Beach in Gizzeria, Italy, have been published.
A total of seven events are scheduled for the 2021 edition of the KiteFoil World Series, kiteboard racings premier professional tour. Almost all of the events are confirmed – the event in China with 50.000 EUR prize money equally split between men and women will be reviewed closer in time but with the Asian Youth Games scheduled also in China starting two days later there is confidence that the event will go ahead as planned.
A new event for the Olympic Formula Kite Class is the 2021 Pan American Championship, tentatively planned for 17-22 August. If this event will be confirmed, then the World Series event in San Francisco may be moved to 13-15 August to allow competitors three competitions in a row on the American continent, concluding with the KiteFoil World Series event in Fortaleza from 26-29 August 2021
The class event schedules has been updated as follows, the latest information can always be found on the individual class websites and on the overall IKA events calendar (https://www.kiteclasses.org/
Formula Kite Class (https://formulakite.org/
- Individual U19 World Championship: 19 Jul – 25 Jul 2021, Gizzeria (ITA)
- Individual and Mixed Team Relay Pan American Championships: 17 Aug – 22 Aug 2021, Cabarete (DOM)
- Individual World Championships – TBC
- Individual European Championship: 06 Sep – 12 Sep 2021, Montpellier (FRA)
- Mixed Team Relay World Championship: 11 Oct – 17 Oct 2021, Torregrande (ITA)
- Mixed Team Relay U19 World Championship: 11 Dec – 18 Dec 2021, venue TBC
Important note: the re-scheduled Trofeo Princesa Sofia in Palma overlaps with the World Series event in Cagliari.
A’s Youth Foil Class (http://www.youthfoil.org/
- World Championship: 19 Jul – 25 Jul 2021, Gizzeria (ITA)
- European Championship: 06 Sep – 12 Sep 2021, Montpellier (FRA)
KiteFoil World Series (https://www.
- Act 1: 14 Jul – 18 Jul 2021, Gizzeria (ITA) – 3 Star
- Act 2: 29 Jul – 01 Aug 2021, San Francisco (USA) – 1 Star – TBC
- Act 3: 12 Aug – 15 Aug 2021, Fortaleza (BRA) – 2 Star
- Act 4: 15 Sep – 19 Sep 2021, Traunsee (AUT) – 3 Star
- Act 5: 06 Oct – 10 Oct 2021, Cagliari (ITA) – 4 Star
- Act 6: 17 Nov – 21 Nov 2021, Zhuhai (CHN) – 5 Star – TBC
- Act 7: 24 Nov – 28 Nov 2021, Gran Canaria (ESP) – 4 Star
Important note: the re-scheduled Trofeo Princesa Sofia in Palma overlaps with 4-Star World Series event in Cagliari.
The winner of the KiteFoil World Series is crowned World Champion of the IKA KiteFoil Open class. The best 6 results of each competitor count towards the overall standings.
All events remain subject to the development of the global COVID-19 pandemic. Competitors and teams are advised not to make travel arrangements before the Notice of Race is published and individual event registration opened.
KiteFoil World Series Act 1
07 Jul – 11 Jul 2021
Formula Kite U19 & A’s Youth Foil Individual World Championships
12 Jul – 18 Jul 2021
KiteFoil World Series Act 2
29 Jul – 01 Aug / 13 Aug – 15 Aug 2021
San Francisco (USA)
Learn more about the International Kiteboarding Association click here